Emergency Power Plant Bolungarvík
IAV signed a contract with Landsnet (Owns and operates all major electricity transmission lines in Iceland.) in August 2013 to construct 1000 m2 emergency power plant station in Bolungarvik in NW of Iceland.
Housing Landsnet new emergency fuel generators and transformer.
The IAV scope consists mainly of:
- Constructing 1000 sqm, eight meter high concrete building.
- Two each 100.000 liters, aboveground steel tanks, including the filling station and the fuel distribution system.
- Interior fuel day tanks, one for each of the six diesel generators.
- Recirculation fuel filtration system and the fuel controlling system.
- The general electrical and lighting system.
- The alarm and controlling system.
- Interior and exterior finishing.
- Landscaping, parking and the area lighting system.
- Concrete 1000 m3
- Rebar 100 tonn
- Form 5000 m2
- Architectural concrete finish 600 m2
- Aluminium Cladding 500 m2
- Roofing systeml 1000 m2
- Two each 100.000 liters, aboveground steel tanks
|Project start||October 2013|
|Project finish||September 2014|
|Architects||Landsnet Hornsteinar architects|
|HVAC and Structural engineering||Mannvit|
|Project supervision||Efla / Westfjord technical services|