Opening of a warehouse at Grjothals
The project of extending the premises for Ölgerðin of 12.500 sqm did finish in the beginning of August. The extension contains a warehouse, offices and technical area. The two companies Ölgerð Egils Skallagrímssonar a beverage producer since 1913 and Danól a leading importer and distributer of general food products in Iceland emerged on January 1st 2008.
The new building along with older premises accommodates the activities for the merged companies under the banner Ölgerðin.
The project period lasted from early 2008 until summer 2009 and during that time around 120 employees worked at the construction site, both IAV employees and subcontractors.
The opening ceremony occurred today and IAV will take the opportunity to congratulate Ölgerðin’s owners and employees with the new building.